TSS5203 5U Rackmount Storage Server
- 100TB+ Data Storage Capacity
- 48 Front Access HDDs/SDDs
- Flexible SBC Options
- AC or DC Operation
- Tech Specs
The TSS5203 5U Rackmount Storage Server
The TSS5203 5U rackmount storage server is designed to enable big data storage capacities for applications that require a high-degree of security, system longevity and rugged Made In America system performance.
This approach makes the TSS5203 an ideal data storage platform for government & defense applications such as missile telemetry, secure cross domain networks and airborne manned surveillance, as well as non-military telecommunications and video processing applications.
The TSS5203 5U rackmount storage server utilizes a 3-segment design approach for maximum data security and control. Three small form factor backplanes and your choice of dual or single-processor SBCs with the latest multi-core processor options are used in the server.
Three RAID controller cards manage the bank of forty-eight (48) front access hot swap storage drives. Support for either AC or DC system power is available and each TSS5203 comes with the long-life cycle stability and peace-of-mind provided by having the single board computer and backplane designed and manufactured by Trenton Systems in the United States.
Key features of the TSS5203 5U rackmount storage server include:
- Flexible, 3-segment 5U rackmount data storage server maximizes data flexibility and control
- Segmented server provides separate enclaves and access control for collaborative domains
- 48 front access, hot swap 2.5″ drive carriers, supports solid state drives (SSDs) or HDDs
- Four internal, fixed-mount SSDs/HDDs for secure O/S, application software or sensitive data
- Rugged, lightweight aluminum chassis design for high shock & vibration environments
- Dual and single-processor, multi-core SBC options are available
- Three small-form factor, PICMG 1.3 backplanes provide PCI Express I/O card support
- Configured system is available with either AC or DC power supplies
- Long life cycle with 7+ year single board computer and backplane availability
- Supported by Trenton’s unsurpassed US technical support
The dual-processor options available with the TSS5203 include the BXT7059 SBC with Intel® Xeon® E5-2400 Series Processors and the JXT6966 SBC with Intel® Xeon® C5500 Processors. The single-processor TSB7053 with an Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 or E3-1200 v2 Processor is also available.
Like all of our customer-driven computing solutions, the TSS5203 5U rackmount storage server is designed, integrated and supported by Trenton Systems in the United States. Trenton’s exclusive 5-year factory warranty on the SBCs and backplanes comes standard with the TSS5203.
Tech SpecsMODEL NUMBERBOARD TYPE
Single Board ComputerDESCRIPTION
The TSS5203 rackmount data storage server is designed to enable large data storage capacities in applications that require a high-degree of security, system longevity and rugged Made In USA system performance. This approach makes the Trenton TSS5203 rackmount storage server an ideal data storage platform for government & defense applications such as missile telemetry, secure cross domain networks, radar data monitoring and airborne manned surveillance. The TSS5203 is also an ideal data storage platform for non-military telecommunications, data centers and broadcasting applications.
The TSS5203 is a 5U rackmount storage server that utilizes a 3-segment design approach for maximum data security and control. Three small form factor backplanes and your choice of dual or single-processor SBCs with the latest multi-core processor options are used in the server. Three RAID controller cards provide the control needed for the bank of forty-eight (48) front access hot swap storage drives. Support for either AC or DC system power is available and each TSS5203 comes with the long-life cycle stability and peace-of-mind provided by SBC and backplane availability of seven-years or more.DEPTH
Dual-Processor PICMG 1.3 SHBs – Trenton BXT7059 or JXT6966
Single-Processor PICMG 1.3 SHBs – Trenton TSB7053, BXTS7059, JXTS6966 or TQ9BACKPLANE
3 – Trenton BPX5 PCI Express backplanes
Other small form factor, industry standard PICMG 1.3 backplane options are available. Contact Trenton for more information.DATA STORAGE CAPACITY
• Drive type and individual drive capacity dependent
• 2.5” front access driver carriers support SSDs or 15mm thick 1TB or greater HDDs
• System level data storage capacity is typically 26TB – 104TB when using 2.5” HDDs
• System level data storage capacity is typically 15.6TB – 41.6TB when using 2.5” SSDs
• Maximum system-level data storage capacity increases with larger capacity drivesRAID ADAPTER CARDS
3 – PCI Express Areca SATA RAID adapter cards (ARC-1880ix-16-4G*) with one card per segment
*Other RAID adapter cards are available upon request.CHASSIS STANDARD
EIA RS-310C 19” Rackmount StandardCONSTRUCTION
Lightweight Rugged AluminumCOLOR
• 48 – HDD/SSD front access/hot swap driver carriers
• 4 – internal, fixed mount 2.5″ HDD/SSD bays
48 – Front access hot swap and 4 – Internal fixed, 2.5” HDD/SSD baysPOWER SUPPLY
Fixed, 90-240VAC or 24VDC options
3 – 1U, fixed, rear access (1 per segment), choice of 90-240VAC (550W) or 24VDC (460W) power supply, other power supply options available upon requestINDICATORS
3 – LEDs for System Power ON/OFF (one power LED per segment)FRONT CONNECTOR PORTS
3 – USB (one USB port per segment)SWITCH
3 – SHB Power ON/OFF and 3 – SHB Reset switches (one set of switches per segment)HOLD DOWN BAR
Flexible hold down bar for the SHB and the RAID adapter cards for added security in high vibration environmentsAIR FILTER
Front access system filter for cleaning and maintenanceCOOLING
Four – 92mm Ball Bearing Fans, 102CFM eachMETRIC DIMENSIONS
483mm (W) x 222mm (H) x 622mm (D)ENGLISH DIMENSIONS
19.00” (W) x 8.75” (H) x 24.48” (D)CHASSIS NET WEIGHT
78.0 Lbs. (35.4 Kgs.) – includes chassis + three single-processor SBCs + three BPX5 backplanes + three DC power supplies
DownloadsCHASSIS DRAWINGSCONFIGURATION DETAILSDATASHEET