TMS4703 4U Rackmount MIL-STD Military Computer
- SBC & 14-Slot BP Options
- Sealed MIL-STD I/O Connectors
- Additional Chassis Air Filters
- Base System Certifications
- Tech Specs
The TMS4703 4U Rackmount MIL-STD Military Computer
The Trenton TMS4703 4U rackmount MIL-STD military computer is designed for mounting in a 19” component rack or a transit case. This 4U rackmount computer solution utilizes long-life system components in order to provide the configuration stability needed for extended project cycles common in military applications.
The TMS4703 is a 4U rackmount MIL-STD military computer with flexible MIL-DTL-38999 and MIL-STD-1553 rear I/O connector configurations designed for customer-defined applications. These sealed connectors, plus front and rear-panel air filters, enable TMS4703 certification to various MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F standards and test methods. The TMS4702 base system certifications enable the TMS4703 to be deployed with confidence in a variety of tough government & defense applications. A rugged yet lightweight aluminum chassis is used in the TMS4703 and a corrosion-resistant coating is applied to the chassis and fastening hardware.
The wide array of 14-slot backplanes and single board computer options available with the TMS4703 maximizes application flexibility and performance by using COTS long-life components that support extended system deployments. This 4U rackmount computer, including the boards in the system, was designed and made in the United States to enable extended PCI Express and PCI-X/PCI option card support in military applications.
Key features of the TMS4703 MIL-STD military computer include:
- MIL-STD-810G/MIL-STD-461F military computer configurations designed for long-life
- 4U rackmount military computer designed & built for battlefield applications
- Configurations available that support single or dual-processor SBCs
- Backplane options available to support multiple PCI Express, PCI-X and PCI option cards
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant, 4U rackmount enclosure design
- Long life cycle with 7+ year SBC and backplane availability
- Backed by Trenton’s unsurpassed U.S.-based technical support
Options for the TMS4703 4U rackmount MIL-STD military computer include the dual-processor Trenton BXT7059 featuring multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors. This long-life, high-performance SBC utilizes embedded CPUs to maximize system longevity and application stability.
The TMS4703 supports up to ten 2.5” HDDs or SSDs mounted in front-access drive carriers and internal drive bays. System options include one or two 115/230VAC or 18-36VDC power supplies for single or two-in-one system configurations. Other configuration options are available so contact Trenton Systems for more information.
Tech SpecsMODEL NUMBERBOARD TYPE
Single or dual-processor single board computer and one 14-slot backplaneDESCRIPTION
The TMS4703 is a 4U rackmount military computer with a configurable arrangement of MIL-DTL-38999 and MIL-STD-1553 rear-chassis I/O connectors. These sealed connectors plus front and rear-chassis air filters enable the TMS4703 to be tested and certified to a variety of MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F standards and test methods. Like the certified TMS4702 base system, the TMS4703 system variation features a choice of a single or dual-processor SBC and a 14-slot backplane with extended PCI Express and PCI-X/PCI option card support for single system configurations. Flexible data storage configurations via one internal and four front access drive bays are available. Other system features include standard, rear-chassis I/O connectors, and a choice of an AC or DC power supply.DEPTH
Front door option provides tool-less access to the system filter for easy cleaning and maintenance. An additional rear-chassis air filter comes standard on the TMS4703 and will prove useful in hostile application environments.SYSTEM FAN CONTROL
Trenton’s FSC1400 simultaneously controls and monitors tach pulses from up to four system fans. The controller also accepts fan speed commands (including on/off) and provides individual pass/fail fan status via an I2C interface to the computer’s PICMG 1.3 system host board. Fan speed can also be based on temperature via the provided thermal sensor.
See the FSC1400 System Fan Speed Controller datasheet for additional details on system fan control operation.DRIVE BAYS
• 4 – Front access 3.5″ bays support 8 – 2.5″ front removable/hot swap HDD/SDDs (max)
• 1 – Internal bay supports 2 – 2.5″ front removable/hot swap HDD/SDDs (max)
• 1 – Slim-line optical media bayDATA STORAGE CAPACITY
• Maximum storage capacity depends on the drive type and individual drive capacity selected
• Eight available 2.5” front access drive carriers and two internally-mounted 2.5″ drives support 15mm thick 1TB or greater HDDs
• 4TB – 10TB* typical data storage capacity when using 2.5” HDDs and 2.4TB – 8.0TB* when using 2.5” SSDs
*Maximum capacity increases with larger capacity drivesCHASSIS STANDARD
EIA RS-310C 19” Rackmount StandardCONSTRUCTION
Lightweight, rugged aluminum with corrosion-resistant coatingCOLOR
Black front panel (standard)VERSION
MIL-STD-810G, 4U, 19” rackmount chassis with a choice of a single or dual-processor PICMG 1.3 single board computer and 14-slot backplane configuration options plus MIL-DTL-38999 and MIL-STD-1553 rear I/O chassis connectorsPOWER SUPPLY
System power supply configurations available with a choice of a 1U, internal fixed mount, 700W, 90~264 VAC -OR- 18~36VDC supply.COOLING
3 – 92mm Fans, 120CFM each with chassis temperature monitoring speed controlINDICATORS
Front panel LEDs for HDD/SDD activity, Power and Cooling Fan StatusSWITCH
Power On/Off and ResetHOLD DOWN BAR
Robust hold down bar for the SHB/SBCs and the option cards for added security in high vibration environmentsENVIRONMENTAL
Temperature: -10º C to 50º C (operating) and -40º C to 70º (storage) Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing Shock: 20G (operational) Altitude: -1,000ft./304.8m to 15,000ft./4,5072m (operating) and -1,000ft./304.8m to 40,000ft./12,192m (non-operating)AGENCY APPROVALS & COMPLIANCE
The TMS4703 is based on the TMS4702. The TMS4702 product configuration with a BXT7059 SBC with two Intel® Xeon® E5-2448L processors and a BPG7087 backplane has been tested and certified to the following MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F methods and procedures.
SHOCK & VIBRATION
– Functional Shock — MIL-STD-810G, Tested to method 516.6, Procedure I, 20G, 11ms, 3 per axis
– Vibration – MIL-STD-810G, Tested to method 514.6, Procedure I, Category 4, 10-500Hz, 1.04Grms vertical, 0.204Grms transverse, and 0.704 longitudinal axis, 60min. per axis, operating and non-operating. Also included in test method 514.6 is vibration – operation – Procedure 1 Category 12 for Jet aircraft and Category 13 for Propeller aircraft.
– High-Temp Operating: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II, 55° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Low-Temp Operation: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II, temperature soak at -10° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– High-Temp Storage: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure I, 71° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Low-Temp Storage: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II, temperature soak at –51° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Operational: Tested to MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure II, 15,000′ (4,600m) for 1hr. after stabilization
– Storage: Tested to MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure I, 15,000′ (4,600m) for 1hr. after stabilization
– MIL-STD-461F, Methods CE101, CE102, CS101, CS114, RE101, RE102, RS101, RS103, and R Additional certification testing for specific
Additional TMS4703 system configuration testing is available upon request.METRIC DIMENSIONS
48.26cm (W) x 17.78cm (H) x 66.04cm (D)ENGLISH DIMENSIONS
19.0″ (W) x 7.0” (H) x 26.0” (D)CHASSIS NET WEIGHT
35.8 Lbs. (13.62 Kg.) – includes chassis + dual-processor BXT7059 SBC + 14-slot BPX8093 backplane + one 2.5″ HDD + DVD + one fixed-mount AC power supply only
Final system weight is a function of the specific system configuration.