Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Trenton Systems Inc. for fresh articles!
Meet the TMS4705 4U Rackmount MIL-STD Military Computer
The Trenton TMS4705 4U rackmount MIL-STD military computer is designed for mounting in a 19” component rack or a transit case. This 4U rackmount computer solution utilizes long-life system components in order to provide the configuration stability needed for extended project cycles common in military applications.Request a Quote
- Embedded Motherboard Options
- Sealed MIL-STD I/O Connectors
- Additional Chassis Air Filters
- Base System Certifications
Need a Custom Configuration? Call 770-287-3100
- Tech Specs
A Military Computer with Flexibility
The TMS4705 is a 4U rackmount MIL-STD military computer with flexible MIL-DTL-38999 and MIL-STD-1553 rear I/O connector configurations designed for customer-defined applications. These sealed connectors, plus front and rear-panel air filters, enable TMS4705 certification to various MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F standards and test methods. The TMS4702 base system certifications allow the TMS4705 to be deployed with confidence in many challenging government & defense applications. A rugged, lightweight aluminum chassis is utilized with a corrosion-resistant coating applied to both the chassis and fastening hardware.
Both long-life embedded motherboards manufactured by Trenton, as well as extended-life Intel® motherboard options, maximize application flexibility and performance by using COTS long-life components that support extended system deployments. This fully designed and built in the U.S. rackmount computer enables extended PCI Express and PCI-X/PCI option card support in any military computing application.
Key features of the TMS4705 MIL-STD military computer include:
- Base system is MIL-STD-810G/MIL-STD-461F tested and certified
- Embedded motherboard options enable military computer configurations for long-life
- 4U rackmount military computer designed & built for battlefield applications
- Configurations available that support single or dual-processor embedded motherboards
- Motherboard I/O card slots to support general purpose PCI Express and PCI option cards
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant, 4U rackmount enclosure design
- Long life cycle with 7+ year Trenton-built embedded motherboard availability
- Backed by Trenton’s unsurpassed U.S.-based technical support
Motherboard options for the TMS4705 include the dual-processor Trenton JXM7031 uATX motherboard featuring multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors. This long-life motherboard utilizes embedded CPUs to maximize system longevity and application stability.
The TMS4705 supports up to ten 2.5” HDDs or SSDs mounted in front-access carriers and internal drive bays. Other system options include the choice of one 115/230VAC or 18-36VDC power supply. Additional configurations are available so contact Trenton for more information.
Single or dual-processor uATX or EATX embedded motherboard
The TMS4705 is a 4U rackmount military computer with a configurable arrangement of MIL-DTL-38999 and MIL-STD-1553 rear-chassis I/O connectors. These sealed connectors plus front and rear-chassis air filters enable the TMS4705 to be tested and certified to a variety of MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F standards and test methods. The TMS4705 offers a choice of a single or dual-processor embedded motherboard with PCI Express and PCI option card support. Additional system options featured are four front access and two internal dual-drive bays, standard I/O connectors, and a choice of one AC or DC power supply.
Front door option provides tool-less access to the system filter for easy cleaning and maintenance. An additional rear-chassis air filter comes standard on the TMS4703 and will prove useful in hostile application environments.
• 4 – Front access 3.5″ bays support 8 – 2.5″ front removable/hot swap HDD/SDDs (max)
• 1 – Internal bay supports up to 2 – 2.5″ front removable/hot swap HDD/SDDs (max)
• 1 – Slim-line optical media bay
Data Storage Capacity
• Maximum storage capacity depends on the drive type and individual drive capacity selected
• Eight available 2.5” front access drive carriers and two internally-mounted 2.5″ drives support 15mm thick 1TB or greater HDDs
• 4TB – 10TB* typical data storage capacity when using 2.5” HDDs and 2.4TB – 8.0TB* when using 2.5” SSDs
*Maximum capacity increases with larger capacity drives
EIA RS-310C 19” Rackmount Standard
Lightweight, rugged aluminum with corrosion-resistant coating
Black front panel (standard)
MIL-STD-810G, 4U, 19” rackmount chassis with a choice of a MicroATX (uATX) or ExtendedATX (EATX) long-life embedded motherboard and MIL-DTL-38999 and MIL-STD-1553 rear I/O chassis connectors
One, 1U, 700W, 90 to 264VAC -OR- 18 to 36VDC P/S, internal fixed mount
3 – 92mm Fans, 120CFM each with chassis temperature monitoring speed control via the motherboard
Front panel LEDs for HDD/SDD activity, Power and Cooling Fan Status
Power On/Off and Reset
Hold Down Bar
Robust hold down bar for the plug-in I/O cards provides added security in high vibration environments
Temperature: 0º C to 50º C (operating) and -40º C to 70º (storage) Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing Shock: 20G (operational) Altitude: -1,000ft./304.8m to 15,000ft./4,5072m (operating) and -1,000ft./304.8m to 40,000ft./12,192m (non-operating)
Agency Approvals & Compliance
The TMS4705 is similar in design to the TMS4702. A basic TMS4702 product configuration has been tested and certified to the following MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F methods and procedures.
SHOCK & VIBRATION
– Functional Shock — MIL-STD-810G, Tested to method 516.6, Procedure I, 20G, 11ms, 3 per axis
– Vibration – MIL-STD-810G, Tested to method 514.6, Procedure I, Category 4, 10-500Hz, 1.04Grms vertical, 0.204Grms transverse, and 0.704 longitudinal axis, 60min. per axis, operating and non-operating. Also included in test method 514.6 is vibration – operation – Procedure 1 Category 12 for Jet aircraft and Category 13 for Propeller aircraft.
– High-Temp Operating: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II, 55° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Low-Temp Operation: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II, temperature soak at -10° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– High-Temp Storage: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure I, 71° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Low-Temp Storage: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II, temperature soak at –51° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Operational: Tested to MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure II, 15,000′ (4,600m) for 1hr. after stabilization
– Storage: Tested to MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure I, 15,000′ (4,600m) for 1hr. after stabilization
– MIL-STD-461F, Methods CE101, CE102, CS101, CS114, RE101, RE102, RS101, RS103, and R Additional certification testing for specific
Additional TMS4705 system configuration testing is available upon request.
48.26cm (W) x 17.78cm (H) x 66.04cm (D)
19.0″ (W) x 7.0” (H) x 26.0” (D)
Chassis Net Weight
35.8 Lbs. (13.62 Kg.) – includes chassis + dual-processor BXM7504 dual-processor motherboard + one 2.5″ HDD + DVD + one, fixed-mount AC power supply only
Final system weight is a function of the specific system configuration.