Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Trenton Systems Inc. for fresh articles!
Meet the TMS4710 4U Rackmount 2-in-1 MIL-STD Military Computer
The Trenton TMS4710 4U rackmount 2-in-1 MIL-STD military computer is designed for mounting in a stationary or mobile 19” component rack, or in a transit case. Two completely independent systems within the corrosive-resistant chassis enable total application and operating system software segmentation critical in many government & defense computing applications. This 4U rackmount computer solution utilizes long-life system components in order to provide the configuration stability needed for extended project cycles and long-term field deployments.Request a Quote
- 4U 24.8" Depth 2in1 Rackmount System
- 40G MIL-STD-810G Certified Shock
- -10C to 55C MIL-STD-810G Certified
- MIL-STD-461F Certified Emissions
Need a Custom Configuration? Call 770-287-3100
- Tech Specs
The TMS4710 4U Rackmount 2-in-1 MIL-STD Military Computer
A specific TMS4710 4U rackmount 2-in-1 MIL-STD military computer configuration has been certified to a number of different MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F environmental and electrical standards and test methods. These certifications enable all system configurations of the TMS4710 to be deployed with confidence in the most rugged military computing applications. The TMS4710 utilizes a lightweight aluminum chassis corrosion-resistant coating per the MIL-DTL-5541 that is applied to both the chassis and fastening hardware.
Other designed-to-meet TMS4710 computer configurations offer alternative small-form factor “shoebox” backplane and system host board (SHB) options that enable the TMS4710 to maximize application flexibility and performance. All configurations of the TMS4710 rackmount computer; including the SHBs and backplanes, were designed and made in the United States to enable extended PCI Express and PCI-X/PCI commercial off the shelf (i.e. COTS) option card support in military computing applications.
Computers In One
Key features of the TMS4710 4U rackmount MIL-STD 2-in-1 military computer include:
- MIL-STD-810G/MIL-STD-461F military computer configurations designed for long-life
- 4U rackmount military computer designed & built for battlefield applications
- Both MIL-STD certified and designed-to-meet system configurations available
- Configurations available that support single or dual-processor SHBs
- Backplane options available to support multiple PCI Express, PCI-X and PCI option cards
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant, 4U rackmount military enclosure design
- Long life cycle with 7+ year SHB and backplane availability
- Backed by Trenton’s unsurpassed U.S.-based technical support
The TMS4710 supports up to two 2.5” HDDs or SSDs per SHB segment. Each SHB segment has one drive bay that is configured to accommodate a front-access drive carrier and an internal drive bay for added data security.
One single or dual-processor system host board and one small form factor shoebox backplane per TMS4710 system segment. Two total SHBs and backplanes.
The TMS4710 is a two-in-one 4U rackmount military computer with a specific SHB and backplane base configuration consisting of two, BXTS7059 SHBs and BPC8114L backplanes certified to MIL-STD-810G environmental and MIL-STD-461F electrical emissions standards. Other “designed-to-meet” TMS4710 SHB and backplane configurations are available with alternative single or dual-processor SHB and shoebox backplane options offering extended PCI Express and PCI-X/PCI option card support. Flexible data storage configurations via one internal and one front access drive bays are available. Other system features include rear access, independent power supplies and support for MIL-STD-1553B ARINC 429 external I/O connections.
23″/584mm base chassis, 24.8″/630mm including rear chassis enclosure handles
Agency Approvals & Compliance
The TMS4710 base configuration utilizing two BPC8114L backplanes, and two BXTS7059 SHBs each populated with an Intel® Xeon® E5-2448L processor has been tested and certified to the following MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F methods and procedures.
SHOCK & VIBRATION
– Functional Shock — MIL-STD-810G, Tested to method 516.6, Procedure I, 40G, 11ms, 3 per axis
– Vibration – MIL-STD-810G, Tested to method 514.6, Procedure I, Category 4 operating and non-operating. Also included is test method 514.6 Procedure 1, Category 1.
– High-Temp Operating: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II, 55° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Low-Temp Operation: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II, temperature soak at -10° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– High-Temp Storage: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure I, 71° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– Low-Temp Storage: Tested MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II, temperature soak at -51° C for 2hrs. after temperature stabilization
– MIL-STD-810G, Method 507.5, Procedure II, Figure 507.5-7, exposed to 23° C/50% RH for 24 hours then subjected to 10 cycles of 24 hours where the temperature changes from 30° C to 60° C while maintaining a relative humidity of 95%.
– Operational: Tested to MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure II, 15,000′ (4,570m) for 1hr. after stabilization
– Storage: Tested to MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure I, 15,000′ (4,570m) for 1hr. after stabilization
– MIL-STD-461F, Methods CE101, CE102, CS101, CS114, RE101, RE102, RS101, RS103, and CS116
Operating Temperature: -10º C to 50º C with a 0º C to 45º C typical SHB operating temperature range with 350LFM across each segment’s SHB.
Storage Temperature: -30º C to 70º
Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
System Fan Control
Trenton’s FSC1400 simultaneously controls and monitors tach pulses from up to four system fans. The controller also accepts fan speed commands (including on/off) and provides individual pass/fail fan status via an I2C interface to the computer’s PICMG 1.3 system host board. Fan speed can also be based on temperature via the provided thermal sensor.
See the FSC1400 System Fan Speed Controller datasheet for additional details on system fan control operation.
Each TMS4710 SHb segment includes:
• 1 – Front access drive bay configured to support 1 – 2.5″ front removable/hot swap SDD or HDD
• 1 – Internal drive bay configured to support 1 – 2.5″ SDD or HDD
• 1 – Slim-line optical media bay
Data Storage Capacity
The MIL-STD-810G/MIL-STD-461F base configuration supports a total of four, 240GB SSDs (2 per SHB segment) for a total system-wide SLC memory capacity of 960GB.
Other HDD and SDD options and system storage configurations are supported. The maximum TMS4710 data storage capacity depends on the drive type and individual drive capacity selected.
EIA RS-310C 19” Rackmount Standard
Lightweight, rugged aluminum with corrosion-resistant coating per MIL-DTL-5541
Black front panel (standard)
MIL-STD-810G, 4U, two-in-one, 19” rackmount with a two SHB and two small form factor “shoebox” backplane system configuration
Each SHB segment is driven by its own independent, 115-240VAC, 50-400Hz, 520W power supply.
The power supplies are rear-accessible, slide-in/slide-out modules.
3 – 92mm front access 120CFM, and 4 – 25.4mm rear access 60CFM system fans each with chassis temperature monitoring speed control
Front panel LEDs for HDD/SDD activity, Power and Fan Status for each SHB segment
Power On/Off and Reset for each SHB segment
Hold Down Bar
Robust hold down bar for the SHBs and the option cards for added security in high vibration environments
The front chassis door and the rear access fan cover both provide tool-less access to the front and rear system filters for easy cleaning and maintenance
48.3cm (W) x 17.8cm (H) x 58.4cm (D)
Note: The rear chassis handles add approximately 4.6cm to the overall chassis depth dimension (D).
19.0″ (W) x 7.0” (H) x 23.0” (D)
Note: The rear chassis handles add approximately 1.79″ to the overall chassis depth dimension (D).
Chassis Net Weight
55.8 Lbs. (25.3 Kg.) – includes chassis + two, BXTS7059 SHBs with IOB33 option modules + two, small form factor “shoebox” backplanes + four, 2.5″ SSDs + two, DVDs + two, AC power supplies + five, plug-in option cards
Final system weight is a function of the specific system configuration.
- Processor Boards