Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Trenton Systems Inc. for fresh articles!
Meet the MBS1000 Modular Blade System
Trenton’s MBS1000 modular blade server is a Made In USA 1U rackmount computer featuring support for a full-height PCIe plug-in card in rugged chassis design. The MBS1000 modular blade server is optimized for system performance, longevity, and easy field support in applications such as data servers, industrial automation machinery, and weapon control systems. The 1U rackmount enclosure of the MBS1000 is designed for both server room and rugged field deployment locations that both require outstanding system performance in a stable 1U computing platform.Request a Quote
- 1U Rackmount System
- 1 Processor Blade
- Single Xeon 1200v3/4th Gen Core i3,i5,i7
- 900W Redundant Hot Swap Power Supply
Need a Custom Configuration? Call 770-287-3100
- Tech Specs
The MBS1000 Modular Blade Server
At the heart of the MBS1000 is Trenton’s U.S. designed and Made in America MBC8240 modular blade card i.e. single board computer. The MBC8240 SBC supports a number of long-life Intel® Core™ and Xeon® processor options that deliver superior multi-core processing performance with the thermal characteristics necessary for reliable and long-term 1U rackmount server operation in a wide variety of application environments.
Like all of our rugged customer-driven computing solutions, the MBS1000 modular blade server is designed, integrated and supported by Trenton Systems in the United States. Our exclusive 5-year factory warranty on the MBC8240 modular blade card (single board computer) and server’s mid-plane interface board comes standard with the MBS1000 modular blade server.
Front Access Drive Bays
MBS1000 modular blade server features include:
Seven Ethernet interfaces*
Two HDD or SDD storage drives
An optical media drive
A choice of either AC or DC redundant power supplies.
Unique to the MBS1000 is the ability to easily integrate an industry standard, full heightPCI Express option card.
Base-level MBS1000 modular blade server certifications include CE, FCC, UL and cUL. Contact Trenton Systems for more information on additional system certifications.
* One Ethernet LAN is dedicated to Trenton’s Smart System Management or SSM embedded application software. This management software is built upon the industry standard Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) and provides seamless and efficient remote MBS1000 modular blade server management capability from any monitoring location worldwide.
The base configuration of the MBS1000 modular blade server provides enhanced 1U rackmount computer flexibility. The base configuration consists of the following sub-components.
- Processor Board Type: Long-life, modular blade card (single board computer) capable of supporting a wide range of embedded Intel processor options
- Base Processor: Intel® Xeon® E3-1225 v3, see the Processors section for additional options
- Base Processor Specs.: 3.2GHz, quad-core, 8MB Cache, 84W TDP
- Option Card Slot: Supports 1 – full-height, PCI Express option card when using Trenton’s x16 mechanical/x8 electrical PCIe 3.0 riser card (BRC8244)
- System Memory: 32GB installed using 4, 8GB DDR3-1600 DIMMs (optional)
- 2, USB 2.0 Ports
- Front LEDs system and cooling fan status
- Power On/Off switch
- Front Field Replacement Unit (FRU) access for:
- Redundant cooling fan modules
- HDD/SDD storage drives
- DVD optical media drive
- 6, USB 2.0 Ports
- 6, General Purpose 1GbE LANs
- 1, 1GbE System Management LAN
- Rear LEDs for LAN activity, power supply module status, and system status
- 1, VGA Video Port
- 1, PCIe option card access slot
- Rear Field Replacement Unit (FRU) access for:
- Modular blade card (MBC8240)
- Power supplies
The MBS1000’s Smart System Management (SSM) software controls and monitor tach pulses from the system fans to provide effective system fan control in a wide variety of application environments.
The SSM software provides individual pass/fail fan status for each fan via the system’s front panel LEDs and IMPI management port LAN.
System Hardware Monitor
The MBS1000’s Smart System Management (SSM) software is embedded in the server’s MBC8240 single board computer and accessible via the dedicated management Ethernet LAN (Port 0). Trenton’s SSM application software is built upon the industry standard Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) and its related sub-components including:
• Intelligent Platform Management Bus (IPMB)
• IPMI Platform Management FRU Information Storage Definition
• Intelligent Chassis Management Bus (ICMB)
Trenton SSM’s implementation of IPMI provides seamless and efficient remote system management and control capability from any monitoring location worldwide. A short list of Trenton SSM application software functionality includes:
• Fan speed monitoring
• Fan condition & status
• Alarm monitoring
• FRU management
• Voltage monitoring
• SBC present
• Remote messaging (i.e. call home)
• Poll for processor & memory health
The MBC8240 modular blade card’s Intel® C226 chipset supports long-life Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 series processor options that were developed under the Haswell codename. The Intel® Xeon® E3-1225 v3 processor is the standard CPU used in the MBS1000 base configuration. The full list of MBC8240 compatible processors is listed below:
- Intel Xeon E3-1225 v3: 3.2GHz, quad-core, 8MB Cache, ECC Memory Support, 84W TDP (base configuration processor)
- Intel Xeon E3-1268L v3: 2.3GHz, quad-core with Intel Hyper-Threading, 8MB Cache, ECC Memory Support, 45W TDP
EIA RS-310C 19” Rackmount Standard
Cold-rolled steel with a black front surface and a modular fan assembly cover
Black front panel
Data Storage Capacity
Each SDD/HDD may operate independently or as part of a RAID storage array, dual 1TB HDD options boost system storage capacity to a full 2TB of data. Additional storage capacity options are available upon request.
5 – Modular, front access/hot-swap, dual/redundant cooling fan assemblies, 40mm/30CFM each with built-in fan speed control and remote system management monitoring
Front – LEDs for fan module status (5), power on (1) and system fault (1)
Rear LEDs for Ethernet activity (2 per port), power status (2 per power supply module) and system fault (1)
1- Power On/Off switch
19.0″/483mm (W) x 1.75”/44.5mm (H) x 28.0”/711mm (D)
Chassis Net Weight
35.2Lbs. (16.0 Kg) chassis + modular blade card + mid-plane interface board + redundant AC/DC power supplies
Modular Blade Card
2 – front removable 2.5” drive carriers, each carrier accommodates 1 – SATA/600 SDD or HDD
1 – Slim-line optical media drive bay
AC/DC Option – 1U, rear-mounted, redundant/hot-swap power supplies: 100-240VAC or 200-250VDC line voltage operation, 900W
DC Option – 1U, rear-mounted, redundant/hot-swap power supplies: -48VDC line voltage operation, 750W
- Processor Boards